Don’t miss the 2015 Downtown Springfield Christmas Parade, themed Golden Christmas Memories, Saturday, December 12 at 2 p.m.
I/We agree to the following rules and regulations:
1. Upon acceptance of a float by the parade committee, entrants agree to save and hold harmless the parade committee, Downtown Springfield Association and its partners, and the City of Springfield from any loss or damage to person or property caused by operation of the float and will further agree to defend the above mentioned against any claims for damage.
2. Float Safety. All entrants should make certain to carry adequate float insurance coverage. All float participants are required to have a hand-held 2S10BC or better fire extinguisher on the float. The float driver must have a valid driver’s license. Each float should have two qualified drivers available at all times. The height limit for floats is 12 feet; width must not exceed 8 feet. Ground clearance should be a minimum of 12 inches. Group size should be limited to 35 people. Float riders will be placed such that the float will support their weight safely. If the rider is standing, he/she must be provided with a support post. All riders, regardless of positions on the float, shall have safety straps. No alcoholic beverages, drugs or controlled substances will be allowed at the parade.
3. Costumes & Float Elements. Participants should be costumed and create entries that reflect the parade theme: Golden Christmas Memories. No live Santa characters will be allowed on any float.
4. Candy/Treats. Walkers may hand candy or other items to patrons. Candy or other items should not be thrown from floats. Violators may be expelled from the parade without a refund.
5. Judging. Awards will be determined by a panel of independent judges in the following categories: One $250 cash prize will be awarded in the Non-Profit Category to the Best Non-Profit Entry. Business Entries will be eligible for 4 prize: one $500 cash prize will be awarded to the Grand Champion. Other awards will include: Best Reflection of Theme, Best Costumes, and Most Original. Bands will be judged in accordance with MSHSSA guidelines.