April 29, 2022
Independent Bookstore Day is this Saturday, April 30. What better way is there to celebrate than by visiting BookMarx on Walnut street in Downtown Springfield?
BookMarx is a used bookstore specializing in classic literature, contemporary and postmodern fiction, science fiction, children’s books and more. Located near the heart of downtown Springfield, they specialize in a variety of new and used books. There is something for everyone to find.
Want to celebrate this special day, but not sure what to get? Check out this list:
BookMarx owner Josh Arnett’s top ten favorite books
- 2666 by Roberto Bolano
- Breakfast at Tiffanys by Truman Capote
- Breakfast of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut
- The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison
- Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell
- A Constellation of Vital Phenomena by Anthony Marra
- The House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende
- Look at Me by Jennifer Egan
- Stoner by John Williams
- Tenth of December by George Saunders
Though the shop’s manager Googey (the cat), would recommend you read Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats by T. S. Eliot.
To celebrate Independent Bookstore Day, BookMarx is offering 25% off their regular inventory of new & used books. Additionally, they will be offering exclusive limited edition Independent Bookstore Day releases.
Also with purchase*, you can choose between a free copy of:
- Pudd’nhead Wilson by Mark Twain
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
*while supplies last, but, buddy, supplies are expected to last because this deal has not changed since 2021’s Bookstore Day because they’re still drowning in these books!