May 12, 2017
Next week is Bike to Work Week, and we’re ready to get rolling. Need some motivation? Check out these seven ways to get moving in downtown Springfield:
- Bike to Work: Ozarks Greenways is challenging Ozarks residents to leave their cars behind and use active transportation during Bike to Work Week, occurring May 14 through 19. Join the challenge for a chance at free food and prizes; plus, check out this video on avoiding the dreaded helmet hair.
- Join the Workplace Wellness Challenge: The Small Business Majority wants to get your coworkers moving with a challenge occurring through July 9. See the list of participants here, then sign your team up before the end of May.
- Feel the Burn: Downtown is home to plenty of fitness spots. Try the ever-popular barre method at Physique Fitness, take a belly dance class at Phenomenon Studio, sweat through pilates at The BodySmith or pump iron at Royal Barbell + Fitness. Don’t forget about the Ward Downtown YMCA—the facility is opening up its locker rooms for Bike to Work Week participants to hose off and change as needed.
- Find Your Center: Get your ohm on with downtown yoga options. Every Wednesday through September, Sangha Studio will conduct yoga classes in Mother’s Backyard. Circle on the Square Holistic Life Center also hosts regular yoga and meditation sessions.
- Wiffle With Us: The Downtown Springfield Association (DSA) organizes a wiffle ball league for downtown businesses each summer. Team registration for this season is closed, but contact DSA if you’re interested in playing as a free agent. The season begins next Wednesday, May 17.
- Kick It: Druff’s and Mother’s are partnering up to present the Queen City Kickball League. This 21 and up league runs from June 4 to July 30 in Mother’s Backyard. Only a few slots are left, so register your team soon.
- Take a Walk: Step away from your desk for a quick stroll. Downtown is completely walkable and perfect for walking meetings, coworker step challenges and more. It’s all part of what makes downtown work culture so great.