Written by: Ed Howard, Joe Sears, Jaston Williams
DIRECTOR : JAMIE BOWER
RATED PG, RUNTIME: 90 MINUTES
Deep in the Heart of Tuna is a “Best Of” Tuna show that follows the story of Bertha Bumiller and her beautifully dysfunctional family. Tuna, Texas is the third-smallest town in the state, where the Lion’s Club is too liberal, and Patsy Cline never dies. The eclectic band of citizens that make up this town are portrayed by only two performers, making this satire on life in rural America even more powerful as they depict all the inhabitants of Tuna – men, women, children, and animals.
Beth Domann and Mark Gideon return to Tuna, Texas in this Tuna “greatest hits” show. Last seen on the Landers stage during the 2014-15 season in Tuna Does Vegas, this hilariously dynamic duo is back to bring us Deep in the Heart of Tuna.
We are working on a streaming option of the performance for audience members who wish to enjoy the show from their home. Details on this option will be released soon.
Please note that Springfield Little Theatre is the only authorized ticket seller for this particular show. Tickets for purchase on any other site is not authorized.
TICKETING OPTIONS & EXCHANGES
If you previously purchased tickets for Deep in the Heart of Tuna for the original run dates, those tickets will be accepted to exchange for one of the newly scheduled show dates.
If you purchased a Flex Pass for the 2019–20 season and still have tickets remaining on that pass, you may use them for this show or any other show that had to be rescheduled from that season.
If you previously purchased tickets for Deep in the Heart of Tuna but cannot attend any of the new dates, you may exchange them for another show in the upcoming 2020-21 season or consider donating your ticket back to theatre as a way to support the arts during this time!
THEATRE THE SOCIAL DISTANCING WAY!
We have missed you! And while we are all eager to get back, there are a few new policies in place that we’d like for you to keep in mind when you come to the see the show!
- We will no longer be able to allow audience members to choose their own seats. A seating chart will be created roughly a week before the date of the show, and seating assignment will be sent via email at that time. Audience members with mobility restrictions should contact the box office as soon as tickets are purchased so we can accommodate your needs. 417-869-1334 (Mon-Fri, Noon-5pm)
- At this time, masks will be required by all audience members, staff and volunteers for this show.
- Due to seat and social distancing rules, we will not be allowing new group ticketing purchases of 10+ tickets at one time.
- Concessions may be purchased from the bar OR from ushers at your seat. Your drinks would then be delivered to you instead of waiting in line.
- Hand sanitizer will be placed around the theatre for your use. Thorough cleaning before, during and after the performances will be done by theatre staff and volunteers.
- To limit congestion in the lobby following the performance, we will dismiss the audience by rows. The lobby will be closed for gatherings following the performances.
We want to ensure that all of our audience members have a safe return to the theatre so please, if you are experiencing any COVID-like symptoms, or feeling ill in any way, please stay home and we’ll see you another time!