July, 24 2022 | 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
438 E St Louis St Springfield, Missouri 65806
Come dressed to make a mess as you join the Discovery Center in some of the biggest and messiest science experiments you’ve ever seen! Walk across a pool of non-Newtonian fluid, get muddy in a Slop-stacle Course and wash off in the human car wash.
For all activities, come dressed in clothes and shoes that can be permanently stained and maybe bring a towel to clean up for the ride home as guests will not be allowed to enter the Center after attending MessFest.
- Slop-stacle Course: Navigate through the mud and muck in this messy obstacle course.
- Color Bomb Launch: make a blast of color with cornstarch projectiles.
- Non-Newtonian Fluid Pool: It’s no magic trick–it’s science! Walk across a pool that will have you guessing if it’s filled with a liquid or a solid.
- Paint Station: Add to the Discovery Center’s big community art canvas with messy supplies, including a little-learners finger paint station.
- Human Car Wash: Get squeaky-clean as you walk through a life-size, human car wash to rinse off.
Purchase your general admission tickets at the front desk. This event is free for all Discovery Center members–no additional ticket purchase necessary for admission.
Children (Age 3 – 15): $8.00
Adults (Age 16 – 59): $12.00
Senior Citizen (Age 60+): $10.00
Military Personnel (With ID): $7.00
Members, children under 2, and ASTC reciprocal: Free