Downtown Investment Guide: Workforce Development
The Springfield Area Chamber of Commerce is committed to creating applicable solutions to the workforce needs of our community and assisting local schools in preparing our future workforce. Whether you are trying to find your next place of employment in the Springfield region, looking for more area workforce information, or wanting to make a difference in local education, the Chamber works to serve your needs. Search resources on the right to help you find a job, aid your business or organization in becoming involved in education and address workforce issues.
Chamber of Commerce Workforce Development Resources
The Ozark Region Missouri Career Center is a full service One-Stop Center for your employment and re-employment needs. We are part of the Ozark Region Workforce Investment Board. The Ozark Region is comprised of Polk, Dallas, Greene, Webster, Christian, Stone and Taney counties in Southwest Missouri.
Ozark Region Missouri Career Center
- Posting your open position(s)-through jobs.mo.gov.
- Job Fairs – Opportunities to recruit employees held various times throughout the year
- Application Screening – Our staff can accept and screen applications according to your job needs.
- Interviewing – Space available upon request to meet with, and interview, potential employees.
- Pre-employment Testing.
- Over 50 office proficiency tests on computer applications, data entry, and other clerical tests are available.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) demonstrates that the bearer has the essential core skills to be employable. For additional information visit www.ded.mo.gov/ncrc.
- On-The-Job-Training allows an employer to be reimbursed up to 50% of the wages for hiring and training an individual “on-the-job”.
- Work Ready Missouri is a training program that assists businesses to train potential employees who are currently receiving unemployment benefits.
Center City universities also provide outstanding resources for employee recruitment and development, including:
OTC Center for Workforce Development
Missouri State University Career Center
Drury University Career Center
Information on federal requirements for employment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
E-Verify (Citizenship & Immigration)